Camp for €16,- a night at Camping Village Grand Sud in low season with CampingCard ACSI. Camping Village Grand Sud, located in Preixan (Aude), is a campsite with 65 touring pitches and 41 year round pitches. With your CampingCard ACSI you can camp on one of the pitches during the following periods: 06-04-2019 - 08-07-2019 and 25-08-2019 - 13-09-2019. At this campsite you can not only use your CampingCard ACSI for inexpensive camping, you can also use your ACSI Club ID (as an alternative ID).
Campsite 10 km from the 'Canal du Midi' and the legendary town of Carcassonne. Just 1 hour from the Mediterranean and 2 hours from the Andorran mountains. In the heart of Catharen country with opportunities for taking lovely walks and visiting picturesque markets. Shaded floral grounds on a lake.
Looking for inexpensive camping in low season? Order CampingCard ACSI
31 CampingCard ACSI accepted
31 Campsite open / CampingCard ACSI not accepted
31 Campsite closed
31 Your holiday period
Detail information about this campsite
Average rating: 5.9Add a review
- Toilet facilities
- Price - quality comparison
- Child friendliness
- Sports facilities
- Swimming pool
- Food and drink
This site has an excellent location by a lake but the site is looking very tired, only had 4 working toilet for the whole site which is quite large but most people staying were in static mobile homes. Location is 10k the other side of Carcassonne with not transport links.
Very poor . Only one toilet and one shower block open. Toilets had no seats, no paper and no hand washing facilities.
A very disappointing experience. There was so much wrong with this site with things which shouldn\'t have been an issue.
1. Site has been open since Easter but ground staffe are only now starting to tidy up the grounds.
2. Only one shower block and one toilet block open.
3. Toilets had no seat, no paper and nothing to wash your hands except cold water and no dryer.
4. The promised fishing (main reason for choosing this site) was seriously hampered by a huge covering of weed and algae. Also the place is overrun with the famous French Bullfrog. There must be literally thousands of them because the croaking is deafening, especially in the evenings and night-time.
5. adults pool was closed and chained shut.
6. Electrical hook up was very poor. Voltage drops to as low as 196v were measured. Set off the voltage alarm on our fridge several times and we were forced to run it on gas.
7. Lakeside pitches are a LONG way from the facilities even if they were open.
According to notices posted all round the lakeside area, the site was hit badly by the flooding in October 2018. However it looks like they are waiting for the insurance cheque to arrive before they do anything about it.
On the plus side; it is well placed for the ancient city and only an hour from Narbonne and the Med.
We left early and were asked why but I didn\'t want a stand-up argument in reception with the owners.
Really nice campsite staff very friendly would recommend it our only issue was the language but that is more down to us not being able to speak French but we managed ok would return to this site
- Period of opening
- 06-04-2019 till 14-09-2019
- 11 ha
- Number of touring pitches
- 65 (100 - 120m2)
- Number of permanent pitches
- Campsite suitable for disabled persons
* Amenities in bold are not included in the overnight price. Some may need to be paid for. (This does not imply that all amenities not in bold are free!)
At the reception
Water and toilet facilities
Washing, washing-up, cooking
Food, drink and groceries
Available to hire at the campsite
Sports and play
Ground and vegetation
Situation of campsite
Address & Route
Would you like to book Camping Village Grand Sud or request more information? You can do both using the information below.
Camping Village Grand Sud
Le Breil-d'Aude / D118
11250 / Preixan
Download GPS coordinates
Select your navigation system:
A61, exit 23 Carcassonne-Ouest, then direction Limoux (7 km) on the D118. Can be clearly seen on left of road and is signposted.
Warning! Since July 13 2015, many French campsites are prohibited from installing their own signpost. We advise to use GPS-coordinates to locate the campsite.
Show on map
The weather on this campsite
15 / 10
16 / 10
17 / 10
18 / 10
19 / 10
20 / 10
21 / 10
|Relative humidity||Precipitation total (mm)||Hours of sunshine|
CampingCard ACSI will send your information request to "Camping Village Grand Sud".
Take note; you are sending an information request. You cannot make a reservation using this form. You will need to contact the campsite directly and CampingCard ACSI cannot have any influence on the consequences thereof.